Have you been drooling over the pictures of the gorgeous kitchens on Pinterest, Houzz and HGTV? If your Tulsa, OK, house is 15, 20, 30 or more years old, you are probably more than ready to consider a kitchen remodel. The professional design-build team at Buckingham Group has decades of experience in bringing the top trends in kitchen remodeling, and we’ll work with you to bring you the features you want for the kitchen of your dreams.
As technology advances, there are an increasing amount of choices available to make modern kitchens surprisingly efficient and comfortable. More than just the kind of flooring and type of cabinetry, the wiring, task areas and specialty designs cater to today’s homeowner in a more targeted way than ever before. To get you started, we put together a list of the most interesting new trends we’re seeing in today’s kitchens.
Here are 3 of the hottest trends in kitchen remodeling:
With all the new kitchen gadgets available today that make food preparation so much easier, modern homeowners need more storage space than ever. Here are some easy ways to squeeze out extra storage for your needs:
- Kitchen islands are an easy way to incorporate both storage and additional food prep areas. As the workhorse of the kitchen, they can handle multiple tasks and even have casual seating for the family to join you as you cook.
- A floor-to-ceiling pantry can be specially designed to hold your countertop appliances and slow cookers.
- A slender, pull-out spice rack can store all the spices of life that make it amazing.
- Opening up the wall to the formal dining room can give you much more room to move and can open up the possibilities of a better floorplan with additional cabinetry for storage.
- Moving the sink or stove to the kitchen island can give you a new space for additional cabinets.
- Special interest features
Today’s homeowners are able to express themselves with customized features designed with their passions in mind. Whatever your interests are, there’s probably a way your personal designer at Buckingham Group can incorporate it into the kitchen plan.
- Are you a coffee junkie? An espresso nook can keep all of your supplies in one convenient location with a tiny sink to handle the water and quick cleaning needs.
- Are you a veggie lover? A veggie washing and chopping station with proper task lighting can make the prep work easier and safer.
- Love the condiments? A fast-access mini fridge keeps all the extras handy without having them in the way of the main refrigerator.
- Wine aficionado? A wine cellar can be added to your kitchen with an easy-access door, or a small wine cooler can be a part of your kitchen island.
- Are your pets part of the family? A pet station with easy-to-clean food and water can make pet chores a thing of the past.
- Have a home office? Add an office station to the kitchen to keep track of business and to give the kids a place to finish their homework.
With a wide array of technology available today, it is easy to add special features that will make your kitchen efficient, entertaining and practical. Here are some great ideas to give your kitchen some fun, techie features:
- Charging port station – a drawer or hidden space can be wired as a port to charge all your electronics and keep the clutter invisible.
- Multimedia ventilation hood – gives you an LCD screen to watch movies or to listen to music while you work.
- To keep you plugged in, a TV fridge gives you an LCD screen on one side and a small weather channel above the ice maker on the other side.
- Task lighting is all the rage with work stations targeted with appropriate lighting that also adds a splash of style. Under cabinet LED lighting strips and interior cabinet lighting are also welcome conveniences that help you see what you’re doing. Sensor-activated lights let you move freely in and out of the kitchen.
- Hands-free faucet allows you to wash-and-go without the bother and the mess of touching the handle.
- Electronic cabinet doors pull up and out of the way at the touch of a button to save space in efficiency kitchens.
- Smart fridge has the capability of being programmed to keep track of your grocery list as well as determine the right holding temperature for different foods and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Get a free kitchen remodeling consultation today!
To discuss the options for your customized kitchen remodel, call us today at (918) 624-2666 or email us to schedule a free consultation. Your design-build team at Buckingham Group is ready to bring our years of experience, creativity and craftsmanship to your kitchen project. When we’re done, you can have a beautiful, attractive kitchen that blends function with form, giving you years of efficient use ahead.