Looking for ways to update? Why not maximize the use of existing space with some fresh concepts?
1. Open the Space – Throw out the old boxy look and open up walls with a tear down or a window wall for an instant open concept floorplan. You’ll be surprised at how much everyone loves the way traffic flow has changed in your home.
2. Install a Window Bank – Replace the old window in the front room with a beautiful, new bay window bank for a brighter, cheerier appearance. Or add a panel of windows for a modern look that transforms your curb appeal.
3. Modify the Entryway – Expand the entryway by including the unused area in front of the house, add a door with window panels and an eyebrow window overhead, and open up the dark hallway for a bright, new look stepping in. We’ll even help you choose the best floor to complete the look.
4. Seize the Stairs – Turn lost space under the stairs into something special by letting us design pull-out drawers with gliders, a pet comfort center, a kid’s reading nook, a wine storage rack, a hobby exhibition or a clever bookcase with light strips. We can even slip a tiny powder room under the stairs to give you one more household convenience.
5. Create a Conversation Area – Time with friends and family is precious and what better way to enjoy it than with a carefully designed conversation area. Recessed living room pits with wrap-around sofas are gaining in popularity, but not every existing house is capable of that renovation. The same coziness can be achieved by turning an old porch into a four-season sitting room or a breakfast nook into a comfy tea room with a clever bump out that includes a gorgeous window. Or, conversation areas can be created around fireplaces with a little creative designing.
6. Raise an Attic – Lost spaces in attics are becoming a thing of the past with creative attic remodels. An exercise room or kids’ play rooms can making great use of the oddly-shaped space – hobby rooms are also a possibility. Media rooms add cozy, reclined seating close to the floor to enjoy movie viewing. Make better use of natural lighting with a sky light or replace those small end windows with a bigger, more beautiful window selection that adds to the exterior façade.
7. Transform the Kitchen – Remodeling the kitchen is the most common way to boost your home’s value, so it’s one of the first places to look for clever remodeling hacks. Move out a wall Consider making use of that dead central floor space by adding a kitchen island which gives you flexibility through extra counter space, extra storage and extra seating for casual dining. Add a second sink in the island to enjoy a veggie prep station or a handwashing station. Have a thick wall? Let us design a surprise cabinet pull-out for baking sheets, spice rack, wine rack or narrow grocery storage. Wasted space under the cabinets? We can slip drawers in for just a little more storage potential.
8. Create a Multi-functional Deck – Don’t just add a deck, add another room. We can build a bar railing around the deck for extra eating space and we can add seating for flexible entertaining options. Let us design a cook center around the deck that gives you a grill, refrigerator, sink and food prep countertop. Your second kitchen may just become your favorite place as you enjoy the outdoors with friends and family.
9. Add a Laundry Room – There are lots of fun, new remodeling ideas for the laundry room including a jet powered sink for taking the work out of washing delicates. Hidden pull-outs such as a mini ironing board that slides out from under a countertop, hampers or a butler bar for hanging clothes can make doing laundry almost fun. Adding a desk center, pet center or extra counter space for hobbies and crafts also expands the usefulness of the space. Incorporating natural light from a window makes it a cheery place. Finally, with the streamlined, gorgeous designs available.
10. Build the Balcony – This remodel time might be the perfect time to get that extra balcony you’ve wanted. The master bedroom is a great place to add a balcony or patio to open up the space and give you the extra enjoyment from the view. A balcony overlooking the family room that looks out through a bank of windows A balcony or deck off the kitchen gives you room for a grill and casual eating while enjoying the outdoors.